History of Otemae Educational Corporation
- Otemae Cultural Institute is established.
In April 1946, the late Chairman of the Board, Kenzo Fujii, established the precursor of Otemae Educational Institution in front of the Osaka Castle Front Gate (Otemae)
- Otemae Cultural Institute takes on status as a vocational learning institution.
- Otemae Junior College opens in April, establishing the Department of Dressmaking.
- Otemae College of Nutrition opens.
- Otemae University for Women opens.
In April 1966, in its Shukugawa Campus, Otemae University for Women opened with two departments, the Department of English and American Literature and the Department of Philosophy.
- The Department of History is established.
- The honors course and the Anglo-Norman Research Institute are established.
- The Department of Philosophy is renamed the Department of Arts and Art History.
- The History Research Institute is established.
- Otemae Junior College is relocated to Itami City.
- The Department of Business Studies is established at Otemae Junior College
- New Osaka Campus of Otemae College of Nutrition is completed.
The Department of Dressmaking is renamed the Department of Life and Culture.
- Accredited courses for a certificate of Advanced Secretarial Skills are established in the Department of Business Studies.
- Accredited courses for a certificate of Secretarial Skills are established in the Department of Life and Culture.
- The new main building for Otemae University for Women is completed.
The Master's program in Comparative Studies is established.
Courses in Information Processing are opend.
- The doctorate program is established.
Otemae College of Nutrition becomes a co-ed program in conjunction with the addition of the College of Confectionery.
- The School of Socio-Cultural Studies is added to Otemae University for Women. (Itami Campus)
The Department of Environmental Studies and the Department of Communication Studies are established.
Otemae University for Women is renamed Otemae University and changed to a co-ed system of education.
Advanced Level Courses are added to Otemae College of Nutrition.
- The online learning programs begin as a distance learning course.
- Otemae College of Nutrition and Confectionery is separated into two institutions: Otemae College of Nutrition and Otemae College of Confectionery.
These institutions have a 4-year Registered Dietician Course and a 2-year Confectionery Sciences Course respectively.
- The Open Research Center is completed on the Nishinomiya Campus.
- The Otemae University for Women changes its name to Otemae College, becoming a co-ed facility. The Department of Life Design is also opened.
Otemae City College is opened on the Itami Campus.
- The Department of Media and Arts is established in the Faculty of Humanities.
The Department of Career Design is established in the Faculty of Socio-Cultural Studies.
The Psychology Course is established in the Department of Human Environmental Studies of the Faculty of Socio-Cultural Studies.
FUKUI Peter Yu takes the position of the Chairman of the Board.
- The 60th anniversary of Otemae Educational Corporation.
The 40th anniversary of Otemae University.
The 10th anniversary of Graduate School
- The Establishment of Faculty of Cultural and Historical Studies, Faculty of Media and Arts, and Faculty of Social and Management Studies.
The Completion of CELL Media Library.
- The Establishment of distance learning program in Department of Social and Management Studies, Faculty of Social and Management Studies.